Friday, August 26, 2011

Reliving the Road Trip to Remember (from May 2011)- Scenic overlook from Iowa looking towards Nebraska beyond the Missouri river on our roadtrip to Colorado.



Living the Dream
Three weeks into it and retirement is everything I hoped it would be. The adventure has begun.
When I heard people tell their retirement story over the years, my ears perked when they talked about hopping in the car and driving cross country. Our first adventure came two weeks ago when I got a message from my new employer. His text said, "where are you and when can you get to Denver". A position opened for me to work in the Pro shop and starter for the the City of Denver's Kennedy Golf Course. The text came at 7:30 a.m. After a serious discussion with Mrs. Wonderful, the decision was made to go. We were on the road by noon! Add spontaneity to a road trip- Perfect!

Since arriving in Denver, everyday has involved family, especially those beautiful grandchildren. Memorial Day was spent at a picnic in Wash Park with family, friends and the grandpuppy. Thank you Bria for the pictures. I have to remember to bring a camera! I've been golfing almost every day, fly fishing in the South Platte river, fending off more rattle snakes and working at the golf course from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 four days a week.

I have heard some of you are thinking it's time to retire. Here is a must read- several of my friends have purchased the book "Retired Wild, Happy and Free". It should be mandatory reading for any age.

Sorry for this partial post- my computer is in the hands of "The Geek Squad". I can't down load pictures, access my blog or anything for two weeks.

Dave's Busy

No comments:

Post a Comment