Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fun Stuff in Colorado


Here's the first edition of fun stuff in Colorado. Last week I went fly fishing on what locals call the "dream stream", which is a ten mile stretch of the South Platte River. This is a famous area between Spinney and Eleven Mile reservoirs. I can't begin to tell you how magnificent this area is. It's in South Park (I didn't see Cartman and the gang, but I saw a kid with his hood pulled over his head and tied tight around his face standing in the road. I went over to tell him to look out for the truck, but it was too late. SPLATT! I yelled at the speeding truck, "HEY- you killed Kenny! You bastard!!!") But seriously, South Park is a fifty mile in diameter high country plateau surrounded by snowcapped mountains. I saw pronged horn antelope, buffalo and trout. No, I didn't catch any. I feel like the beginner I am- but what a great classroom in which to learn the art of fly fishing!

I saw an opportunity to report on another adventure on my list when I passed the Double D Platte Ranch on the way to fishing. The ranch is in Fairplay, CO near South Park. I have always wanted to go high country, open range, gallop like a cowboy, horseback riding and have dinner on the trail. Until then...
Dave's Busy

P.S. click on the pictures to enlarge them for your viewing pleasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment